Learning Pod: #6

Peers’ Names: Haoran Wu, Mengcheng Liu, Lei Han, Junyi Ma, Jianuo Xu

Interactive Learning Resource Topic: Inflation in Relation to the Economy

Reviewed by: Aiden Bamford

Identify components of the Interactive Learning Resource that might be missing (e.g., appropriate outcomes, alignment, interactivity, inclusivity, technology use and rationale, presentation, grammar, spelling, citations, etc.).

Missing Components of the Interactive Learning Resource

I may be wrong, but it appears as if the link to your interactive element is not working. This could be an issue within WordPress itself or an issue with the link connection. It seems like this issue proceeds with your design for the inclusion of diverse learners. It’s unfortunate that this information is not available to review, but you guys have plenty of time to get it done before the deadline! Altogether, your interactive learning resource is concisely outlined. Each outline is clearly displayed, although, it could be beneficial to elaborate on your process, concepts, and rationale with a bit more detail. I also believe there are very few spelling mistakes, such as missed capitalization, but these can be fixed easily with a thorough review.  

Provide a summary of The Interactive Learning Resource’s strengths and weaknesses. Draw out specific examples from your peers’ work to justify your feedback.

Strengths  

Very good use of WordPress for this assignment, using links as bins to organize information works much more efficiently than a PowerPoint, all while giving your assignment a clean look. I particularly enjoy the super easy layout to navigate freely throughout the website. I am sure this would be extremely beneficial for students learning about the basics of microeconomics, and inflation. These concepts may be difficult and tedious themselves; therefore, it is important to not distract or confuse students with the organization of the content – well done!WordPress and YouTube are both good learning platforms that are easily navigable by learners. Great choice, especially when considering your topic.  Leaving the comment section open at the bottom allows anybody with any questions to easily reach out. The Learning Theory utilized would be super interesting and unique in an Economics class, and I think it would be ultimately beneficial for the students to learn in this manner.  

Weaknesses  

Perhaps you might consider graphics, vector art, or any other images to add. This could make the WordPress site more engaging or aesthetically pleasing for its viewers. While the website is easy to navigate overall, I found that having the Learning Design, Learning Theory, and Learning Context each lead to the same subpage to be a bit confusing. It could simplify your website to create three separate pages, or to attach anchors for the links to bring viewers to the appropriate section within the subpage. Creating a homepage could also offer a more decorative website, as well as offer some space and additional organization for its viewers. While I did enjoy your Learning Theory, I believe it would be difficult to implement it into your program based on the Learning Design. For example, extracting knowledge and problem-solving may be difficult for a learning design that is primarily direct instruction. I may have missed this detail on your website, but I wonder how long this course is intended to last. The topics seem short and simple to conduct over the duration of an entire semester in High School, or University.

Provide general, specific, and practical recommendations to your peers on how to improve their Interactive Learning Resource.

Overall, your Interactive Learning Resource was well executed in an organized and simplistic manner. If I were to recommend one thing based on the layout of the website, it would be to include various images or any other engaging factors for the viewers. I believe this would make the website much more interesting for its viewers and ultimately draw them into the content more effectively.  

In terms of information, I would suggest reviewing the relationship between your Learning Theory and Learning Design. While your information is certainly accurate and well-established, I believe it would be difficult to combine your two methods into one course. The learning Design your group chose, being primarily direct instruction, is certainly the most common when instructing topics of Economics. This means it may be the most effective; however, it could be interesting to explore alternative and more interactive ways of teaching this, often tedious, topic.